To have the best black light party possible, it needs to be pitch black. The idea behind a black light party is that everyone shows up in white t-shirts, and use glow-in-the-dark pens to write all over each other’s shirts. The best part of a black light party is seeing what people will have written on them by the end of the night. It is very interesting to read your shirt the next day or as the party comes to a close. Just like all other parties, make sure to hide all valuables and breakables in another room.
- The party should be at night so that it is as dark as possible in the rooms.
- Replace all the lights with black lights. Use as many as possible because it will only get better with more black lights.
- Cover the tables with tablecloths that have fun patterns and will react with the black light.
- Get glow-in-the-dark plastic cups for beer pong and other events. They can be used just like the standard red cup; they are just more fun to see.
- If there is going to be any plates, straws or things of that nature, try to get the ones that glow-in-the-dark also.
- Strobe lights are also a nice addition. Just ask around before the party because there is usually at least someone coming to the party that has one. There is no need to buy another if that is the case.
- Have plenty of black light markers so that everyone can grab one and start writing all over one another.
- If possible, have a few extra crappy white shirts for people who cannot handle the pressure of dressing up correctly for the party. A pack or two of undershirts from WalMart or a similar store will work fine.
- For those looking to take it to the next level, cover the walls in black butcher paper and paint fun designs all over them.
- Beer! This may sound obvious, but it gets forgotten too often. If you plan on supplying the beer, then make sure to buy a keg with a party tap. Beer goes fast, so make sure you plan accordingly.
- Make sure to have plenty of snacks. Pretzels are always a good touch, as are chips and dip. People love trail mix as well.
- You may make the hard alcohol a B.Y.O.B. occasion. Hard alcohol is expensive and adds up quick. You are already hosting the party, so make the guests help out by bringing something to drink.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Dressing for a Black Light Party is very easy. In the most general form, all you need is a white shirt.
- Make sure that it is a white shirt that you do not mind ruining. The shirt is going to get written on by many people in many colors and the writing will never come out. A lot of people keep the shirts just for fun if there is something good written on them; but, for the most part, they are just thrown away the next day.
- If you want to have a little more fun with the outfit, then try to find something that has a fun pattern and reacts to black lights.
- It is also a good idea to wear glow stick bracelets and necklaces. Don’t be afraid to bring extras for others. A lot of people will forget them and want to borrow yours.